Thursday, January 03, 2013


I'm going to try the Eat-in month challenge. This is something a lot of food bloggers are doing, and it involves not eating out at all for the month of January.



We usually don't eat out that much anyway, but it definitely happens at least once a week. And lately, it's been happening even more. Over the past several months, we've been remodeling our kitchen, so for a good long while, our kitchen was completely out of commission. We had the refrigerator in the living room and were only cooking what could be prepared in a microwave or toaster oven, since there was no stove or oven. It was much harder than I thought it would be - even very basic recipes seem to need something sauteed at the beginning. So we ended up eating out more than I would have liked to otherwise... and I became even more aware just how much salt and fat and other not-so-good things are in the foods we get at restaurants. Just in the last month, the kitchen has gone back online and I've been cooking up a storm. So the added challenge will just be not eating out at all this month. I think I'm up for it. I feel so much healthier already.

But to really be healthier, I do need to cook fewer desserts. Case in point: this buche de noel, or yule log, that I made for New Year's...

No comments: