Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies, a recipe from my friend Darla, are unusual-- there is no flour in them, but you would never guess from eating them. I altered her recipe to substitute organic Smart Balance instead of butter to keep out some of the fat and cholesterol, and it worked just fine. I like to think that these are somehow healthy, perhaps to justify having polished off an entire bag of them in two short days. (In my defense, I halved the recipe). They are, however, delicious, and will easily stand up to any oatmeal cookie recipe I've tried before:

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

2/3 cup butter or smart balance
6 cups regular oats
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups raisins
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter and pour in a mixing bowl. Add sugars, eggs, and peanut butter. Add oats, baking soda, raisins, and chocolate chips. Form into balls on a cookie sheet, flattening slightly. Bake fifteen minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,

Hope all is well. I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership and create more engaged users.
Our widgets are absolutely free for personal use (and we don't insert ads on your blog either).
We have released a few widgets recently that I think you'll find useful so I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback (feel free to also install any widgets on your blog, if you feel they are a fit for you).

Our Photo Widget for example, automatically creates a slideshow for you from all the photos you post on your blog.
Photos are a great way to get new (and regular) readers to dive deeper into your blog and read more of your content.
We also have other widgets which should help increase traffic to your blog(Live Activity & Feed Widget).
You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:
Wowzio Widgets for your blog

I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post ).
We'd love to hear your feedback about our widgets, and feel free to remove this comment! :)

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

becoming-mom said...

These sound divine! So, I guess after a few months you actually have enough time to bake huh? I am really looking forward to that!! ;)