Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Hello summer... Gazpacho for one...



Craving a savory smoothie today, I thought of gazpacho, which reminds me of Spain... where even Burger King has this refreshing cold soup. I whipped this version up today for lunch - it lacks bread, which is traditional, and contains basil, which is not. I kept it all for myself, but if you wanted to share, use another tomato, a whole cucumber and green pepper, and a bit more water. You could also use a different fresh herb in place of basil - parsley or cilantro, perhaps?

Gazpacho for one

3 cups ripe tomatoes – about 4 medium sized tomatoes
1/2 peeled chopped cucumber
1/2 chopped green pepper
1/4 cup onions
1 cup fresh basil
2 cloves garlic
1 Tblsp small green chilli (optional if you don't like heat)
1/2 tsp. kosher salt, sea salt, or more to taste
1/2 cup filtered cold water o
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tblsp white wine vinegar

Blend all of the above in a blender or Vitamix...

No comments: